Caribbean Stud Poker game rules
The rules of Caribbean Stud Poker are not difficult, read this once and you will quickly master it. The object of the game is to reach a higher hand than the opponent (the casino, or the bank). You can read the value of the hand in the table below. These are the standard hand values that apply to most poker games. The game is played with 1 deck of 52 cards (ie without jokers).
|Royal Flush||A, K, Q, J, T of the same type||Ar Kr Qr Jr Tr||200: 1
|Straight Flush||Five cards in a row of the same suit, but without the ace as the highest card||Qr Jr Tr 9r 8r||50: 1|
|Four of a kind||Four of the same cards||Ah As Ar Ak X.||20: 1|
|Full house||Three cards the same, plus two cards the same||8h 8s 8r 5s 5h||7: 1|
|Flush||Five cards of the same suit||Ar Jr Tr 5r 2r||5: 1|
|Straight||Five consecutive cards||Jh Ts 9r 8r 7h||4: 1|
|Three of a Kind||Three of the same cards||Ks Kh Kr XX||3: 1|
|Two pair||Two times two of the same cards||Jh Jr Th Tr X||2: 1|
|Pair||A pair of two of the same cards, the other cards are different||Ts Th XXX||1: 1|
|Ace + King||An ace and a king, the other three cards are different||As Kh XXX||1: 1|
Caribbean Stud Poker gameplay
- First of all, you place an initial bet, the ante. And if you want to play for the progressive jackpot, you can also place a bet there but this is not mandatory. At the bottom right you can determine the value of the coins. Then click the ante box one or more times to determine the bet height.
- The player and the dealer each receive 5 cards. The dealer shows one of the five cards. The other four remain closed.
- Based on the strength of your hand, and the one card from the dealer, you determine whether you fold (leave) or call (go). Calling will cost you double the ante you placed.
- If you haven't gone, the hand is over and you lose the ante.
- If you did go, the dealer will show his remaining four cards.
- The dealer must qualify with Ace King or higher. If he does not do this, you win 1: 1 on the money you bet for the ante and the call.
- If the dealer has qualified, the player's and dealer cards are compared.
- If the player has a higher hand value than the dealer, the player wins and is paid out based on this hand value. You can see this payout on the far right in the table above.
- If the dealer has a higher hand value, the player loses the ante and the bet.
- In the unique case where the hand values are exactly the same, the ante and the amount of the extra bet will be returned to the player.
The jackpot is a progressive jackpot. This means that with every bet made on the game (by players around the world) the jackpot will increase until it is won. Once the jackpot is won it will be reset to a standard starting amount.
- If you have placed a bet on the jackpot you can win an extra amount.
- The value of this extra amount can be found in the jackpot table below.
- The full jackpot is won in a royal flush.
|Royal Flush||100% of the jackpot|
|Straight Flush||2500: 1|
|Four of a kind||250: 1|
|Full house||100: 1|
|Three of a Kind||5: 1|
|Ace + King||–|