Bingo is a real social game that has been played around the world for centuries. The target? Of course to win. But also above all to have a very pleasant time. The game is therefore usually played by large groups. This is one of the reasons why bingo has acquired the image of a game for the elderly. But that (in our opinion) completely unjustified image of bingo has changed a lot lately.
- Operates in a fully licensed jurisdiction
- Fast withdrawals
- Wide variety of bonuses
- Provides 24/7 support
- Adding games to a list of favorites is not an option at 1Bet Casino.
- 1bet Casino was found to have some glitches in the mobile phone app
- Casino and Sportsbook
- VIP Program
- Live Chat
- Live Casino
- Real Money Tournaments
- Some Limiting Bonus Terms
- Withdrawal Limit
- 77Spins Casino has 24-hour customer support.
- Easy to use interface.
- The useful live casino section lets players interact with live dealers.
- You can enjoy 77 Spins Casino with various payment options
- 77Spins Casino’s Support Hours Leave Players Disappointed.
- Phone support not available.
- Alf Casino is sleek, modern, and intuitive.
- Live chat available 24/7.
- High monthly withdrawal limits
- There is no app to download.
- Phone support is not toll-free.
- Great customer support.
- Available on desktop & mobile.
- Impressive live casino section.
- Limited promotional offers.
- Limited customer support hours.
- Chat available 24/7.
- User-friendly lobby.
- Mobile-friendly design.
- Some country restrictions apply.
- Secured with SSL encryption.
- Proven fair by independent audits conducted by iTech Labs.
- Desktop and mobile devices.
- Limited customer support from 5 AM till 9 PM (GMT).
- Great game selection.
- MGA licensee.
- 3x funds rollover before the withdrawal.
- Sleek website design.
- Cashback offer.
- Vast banking methods.
- The lack of bonuses.
- No FAQ area.
- Lack of phone support.
- Mobile-friendly games.
- Friendly casino lobby.
- Great Promotions.
- A large number of restricted countries.
Thanks to the advent of online bingo, the game is more popular than ever before. The average online casino now offers free bingo games as an option, and we understand why. Because while bingo is normally quite cumbersome (just think of the space required), it becomes a completely different story online.
Nowadays, more and more bingo meetings are shifting to the internet. So whether you want to play online or join the community center; You can now play bingo anywhere and anytime. Fortunately. As far as we are concerned, bingo is of all times and especially for everyone.
Bingo game rules
The rules of bingo are quite simple, but they do depend on the game variant you choose. In general, at least two players are required to play bingo. In addition, a game master is required and in the most favorable case also an announcer. The popularity of free bingo games is partly due to the simple game rules. Bingo is accessible to everyone and does not require any prior knowledge, as is the case with many other table games. Bingo also has a very social character. Bingo is seen as relaxing and the game usually doesn’t last very long.
Although there are minor differences between the various variants, in general the following applies:
- Each player is given a form (whether online or physically) containing a set number of random numbers.
- The above game master draws every turn a ball that also has a number on it.
- This is announced and it is up to the participants to check their playing card to see if it shows the announced number.
- Is that the case? Then the number may be crossed off.
In online bingo, the computer usually automatically keeps track of which numbers are drawn and whether they are on the card. In some variants, one line is played first, then two lines and then a full card. Other variants also count a single horizontal, vertical or diagonal line of numbers as bingo. Still, the ultimate goal is of course to get a full playing card, with all numbers crossed out. Does this work? Then the big moment has come to shout that magic word through the room: Bingo !
Online bingo does not take place in a physical gaming room, but in an online ‘room’. Nevertheless, the idea remains the same. In online bingo there is a countdown to the start of the game and there is limited time to buy tickets. This is mainly to keep the speed of the game high. The numbers are also clearly announced online. The handy thing about online bingo is that you often have the choice to have the numbers checked off automatically. That way you can play along at your leisure. Moreover, you can also play with several cards at the same time and you no longer run the risk of forgetting a number. You can of course also check off (read: clicking) yourself, but then you have to keep your attention.
Again, the game starts when all players have purchased their bingo cards. Normally a card consists of 5×5 rows. This amount has everything to do with the 5 letters that appear in the bingo game: BINGO. Typically, the middle box is empty, while the rest of the boxes contain random numbers between 1 and 75 or 1 and 90. Unlike online bingo, the numbers here simply have to be crossed off. And we have to say: while playing online bingo can be very practical, the atmosphere like in a real bingo hall cannot be approached. Even if it is just to shout the word bingo and the euphoria when collecting the prize.
Just like with casino games such as roulette or poker , bingo also has various variants. We’ll walk you through a few of these, including some versions that are mostly played in the United States:
- Slingo : A combination of bingo and slots. Introduced in the 90’s in land-based casinos in America, and now online too. Play Slingo Originals for free here.
- 75 and 90 Ball Bingo: 75 Ball Bingo is played with 75 balls (as you can guess). In 90 Ball Bingo this is done with 90 balls. In addition to these versions, there are also variants in which 30 or 80 balls are played.
- british vs. American Bingo: the British variant is also called European Bingo and differs from the American version in a number of ways. British Bingo is played for one or more rows, or of course for a full bingo card. American Bingo often involves patterns in which you have to check off a certain figure.
- Bingo (slot machine): we also have bingo as a slot machine . This looks like a pinball machine, but the difference is that there are no flippers, but 26 holes for the balls to fall into. When a ball falls into a numbered hole, the numbers in the playing cards light up. The goal is to light up at least three numbers in a row.
The following variants of bingo play are especially common in the United States :
- U-Pick’Em bingo: This is a widely played version of bingo, where players get to pick their own numbers. Although this game is very similar to Keno , it is officially recognized as a bingo variant.
- Shotgun Bingo: Also known as Quickie Bingo or Turbo Bingo, this game is often played in between regular bingo. This means that it is a kind of additional variant where cards are used that are sold separately from the main game. Usually only one or two cards are played and the game proceeds at a fast pace. This way the numbers are announced at lightning speed.
- Quick Shot Bingo: Purchases sealed cards that have pre-populated numbers. If a certain pattern is reached, the player wins a prize according to a prize table. Some versions are played until a player wins the top prize, after which the game starts again. However, players have to be patient: winning the top prize can take days, weeks or months.
- Facebook Bingo: This differs from the traditional bingo games because of the presence of the so-called power-ups. These power-ups offer players an advantage over other players, whether or not for a fee. For the prizes, virtual items can be won on the Facebook platform.
- Horse Racing Bingo: This variant allows up to 15 players who are randomly assigned a number from 1 to 15. Then the numbers are drawn and the first to cross off five numbers from his or her ticket wins.
Bingo Tips and Strategies
When playing (free) bingo there are of course a number of strategies that you can use to increase your chances of winning. In addition, the more cards you play with, the more money you can win. Sometimes you can also buy more expensive tickets to compete for the bigger prizes.
However, it may be wiser to buy several cheaper cards. In this way, you ultimately have a better chance of winning a prize than if you purchase one card for a higher cost price. How could it be otherwise with so many combinations? Some further tips for targeted free bingo play:
Do you want higher winnings and bigger winning chances? Then it’s a good idea to avoid the crowd. You do this, for example, by playing very early in the morning. A simple addition tells us that there will be fewer players online, which means that you also have a better chance.
If you have a big budget, it may be more attractive to invest in the more expensive cards of a jackpot game. These games pay out attractive winnings. By the way, don’t cheer too early: winning the jackpot doesn’t happen very often.
Determine the budget
Few things are as important in online gambling as being able to set limits. It is therefore vital that you never bet more than the amount that you have agreed with yourself. Therefore, do not play to compensate for any losses. Be realistic.
Choose the bingo variant
Before you start, it is important to know the different variants of online bingo. The way in which you can win, the winning chances and the bingo cards differ per variant. Learn the rules first and play a practice round, without betting any money.
Build up stakes
In the beginning, only play with cheaper cards and try to build up a playing capital. Of course you can go all out and buy the more expensive playing cards for a chance to win higher prizes, but if you are on a budget then it is best to start small. Do this and then steadily work your way up to greater capital.
What is the full house pattern in bingo?
The goal of a player is to create a winning pattern and several patterns have been added throughout history that allow you to win the game. However, there is one pattern that never gets old because it holds the key to winning the biggest prizes of all: the Full House pattern, also known as the Blackout or Coverall pattern in American bingo. This pattern is not very easy, but it can be quite rewarding: either fixed jackpots or progressive jackpots, depending on the bingo game.
The Full House Pattern in 90-Ball Bingo
To form a Full House Pattern in 90-ball bingo, the player must cross off all 15 numbers on his or her ticket within the specified number of calls. The standard 90 ball bingo card uses 3 rows and 9 columns, with each row containing 5 random numbers and 4 empty squares. The tickets in 90 ball bingo are normally sold in strips of six, so that each number from 1 to 90 appears once on the six tickets. This allows the player to put a spot on your six-strip card every time the caller/dealer announces a number. Players who make a Full House usually get a share of a fixed or progressive jackpot. This can optionally be split between multiple winners of a full house pattern.
The Blackout Pattern in 75-Ball Bingo
The Blackout pattern in 75-ball bingo is broadly similar to the Full House, as players must again mark all the numbers on the tickets in order to win their jackpot share. However, in this version of the game, the ticket has 5 rows and 5 columns, containing 24 numbers, as there is a square in the middle that is empty.
Odds of Winning at Bingo
Of course you want to know what your chances of winning are and with a little imagination you can find out for yourself to a certain extent. To arrive at the theoretical chance of winning, you have to divide the number of available (or rather sold) bingo tickets by the number of tickets you have in your possession.
Suppose that a total of 100 tickets have been sold, of which you have bought 4, then you calculate your chance of winning as follows: 4 / 100 = 0.04 = 4%.
Although this calculation is quite simple in itself, it is a lot more difficult to find out how many bingo cards have been sold, let alone how many cards have been sold for the relevant round. You could therefore keep track of how many cards are taken per player on average over a longer period of time. And who knows, the organizer may also want to announce this himself.
Because the organizer also wants to earn money by organizing a bingo event, the prizes to be won often depend on the number of participants. The more participants, the higher the price. We also usually work with sponsors who make a physical prize available, or who make it possible to link a jackpot to it.
Factors that influence the chance of winning
- Share lottery tickets: to increase the chances of winning bingo you can try to increase your share of the total number of bingo tickets. Especially with online bingo, people often want to know the maximum number of bingo tickets that can be bought per person. Although that depends on the provider, 20 pieces is a common number. Please note that it is not possible in a physical bingo hall to keep 20 tickets at the same time.
- Number of players: the number of participants also plays a major role in the eventual chance of winning. By taking a seat in rooms where there are few participants, you significantly increase the chance of winning. This is easy to find out in both physical and online rooms.
History of bingo
Bingo originated in Italy around the 16th century. The game has its origins in the Italian lottery, through the Lo Giuoco del Lotto d’Italia. This association was founded sometime in 1530 and still exists to this day. After Italy, the game also became very popular in neighboring France. The name bingo is a corruption of the word Beano. This name again comes from the characteristic beans that used to be used to cover the numbers.
The French are coming with their own bingo
In 1778, the French founded their own lotto, called Le Lotto, with the main game being bingo. During the 17th century, the game was mainly used for educational purposes. For example, in Germany in 1850 a new variant was devised, which taught children how to multiply in a playful way. The further advance came in 1929, also in Germany. At that time, the game was still called Beano and it was structured differently than it is today. At the time, a special announcer rummaged through a box of wooden chips with the numbers engraved on them. If the people had the correct number, they placed a bean on the appropriate spot. If a player managed to fill a horizontal, vertical or diagonal row, Beano had to be called and the prize could be collected.
Bingo blows over to the US
A man named Ed Lowe, a clever toy salesman from New York, discovered the game at a funfair in Germany. He bought the game and introduced it to the United States. However, he decided to change certain rules of the game. It would also be the time when the name would be changed to today’s bingo. One day, when Ed Lowe invited friends to play the game, a woman accidentally yelled “bingo” instead of Beano. What started as a mistake would have a remarkable sequel. From this moment on, the game would go through life under a new name. Bingo was born.
Priest invents fair bingo variant
At one point there was a priest from Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, who decided to use the game for a fundraiser. He bought the game from Lowe, but struggled with the fact that there were often multiple winners at the same time. Lowe enlisted the help of a mathematician and asked him to make more combinations. The result was 6000 new bingo cards, each of which was different. The game became fairer and more exciting.
The Rise of Online Bingo
We are now a few centuries later and bingo is still very popular. The latest craze is online bingo. The game that was once devised in the 17th century has also moved with the times. And all thanks to that one discovery at a funfair in Germany.
Organize your own bingo / play bingo at home
Bingo is known as a small game of chance, so the organizer may not have any influence on the outcome of the game. For that reason, no license is required, which makes it very attractive to organize an evening of free bingo playing yourself. However, a number of conditions are set, such as a notification to the local municipality:
Conditions to the organization
In addition, bingo meetings may only be organized by associations that have existed for more than three years and have been established in the Netherlands. It is true that special associations may not be set up to organize games of chance such as bingo. That is why the threshold of three years is maintained.
Conditions to the event
The organization itself is free to be filled in by the association, but a number of conditions are set for the prizes to be won. For example, no cash prizes may be awarded, but only products or services. Since bingo is characterized as a small game of chance, there are also limits on the size of the prizes. A maximum amount of 400 euros per round and 1550 euros per bingo event applies.
In addition, the proceeds must benefit a public interest and a notification must be made to the municipality at least 14 days before the start. The location and time of the meeting must also be communicated.
What do you need?
Many people like to play free bingo because of the fun, but that does not alter the fact that a number of things also have to be arranged:
- Bingo Cards: In the end, of course, it’s all about the cards. Pay attention to the quality of the lots. For example, they should feel sturdy and the numbers should also be easy to scratch. The numbers on the cards must also be legible to avoid misunderstandings.
- Note: take into account the amount of bingo tickets, because several rounds are played. You can also choose to print the bingo cards yourself. In any case, it is a good idea to have a registration list, so that you can estimate to some extent the number of participants and the number of bingo tickets required.
- Bingo machine: you also need a bingo machine. Today, digital bingo machines that automatically select numbers are sufficient. Do you prefer old-fashioned bingo? Then, for example when organizing 75 Ball Bingo, you should also check whether all 75 numbers are actually included.
- Prizes: Of course people participate for fun, but they have to be stimulated. You do that with nice prizes, because that’s what the lottery tickets are eventually bought for. However, keep in mind the above price limits. If it is for a good cause, then there are probably local entrepreneurs who want to give a nice prize.
- Game master: then someone is also needed to announce the numbers. With many participants, you would do well to put someone in front of the group who has a good dose of humor and a good voice. A microphone is also useful.
Bingo Cams: Play Live Bingo
We already mentioned the point that quite a bit of space is needed to organize a bingo meeting. Thanks to the rise of the online casino and later also the live casino , many more bingo meetings take place online. Bingocams is a striking example of this. Live bingo is played here, where people from all over the world can participate. The word ‘cams’ refers to the use of the webcam, which also means that the players can see each other. This benefits the conviviality, in fact as is the case with physical bingo evenings.
Different bingo rooms
At Bingocams, 90 Ball Bingo and 75 Ball Bingo are also played. To participate, you must first purchase bingo cards. Once purchased, you can choose from multiple bingo rooms. And the great thing is that jackpots are also offered. The most attractive of these is the Progressive Jackpot, which can add up with a bit of luck.
Play free bingo
If you want to get used to the idea first, you can choose to play bingo for free. You do not have to place a bet, but you can see how the game works. The fact that you also have a chance to win small cash prizes makes it very attractive.
World records come in all shapes and sizes. For example, we’ve already told you about the Mega Moolah jackpot that is setting record after record. The bingo world also has several remarkable records and we’ll go through some of them with you:
Biggest Bingo Event Ever
With a full hall of 100 people, we are already at a very nice number, but Almacenes Éxito, the largest retailer in South America, managed to bring thousands of people together. How many people showed up? 70,080 players. The record dates back to December 2, 2006 and was set in the Colombian capital, Bogotá.
Biggest cash prize ever
When we think of bingo prizes, we usually think of a microwave or a nice set of pans. However, huge cash prizes can also be won with bingo. Soraya Lowell also knows that, who won no less than 1,167,795 pounds (about 1.4 million euros) with the National Bingo Game Platinum Jackpot. The record was set on March 25, 2008 in Coatbridge, Scotland.
Highest place ever
Okay, with the live casino you have a legion of bingo rooms, but in the most traditional form players take place in a room of, for example, the neighborhood association. However, on November 3, 2009, 24 Britons decided to choose a very special place: Mount Everest. They had to walk a bit for that, because this session was played at an altitude of 5334 meters. We have a feeling that this record will stand for a while.
Biggest online bingo session
We previously mentioned that online bingo saves a lot of physical space and a striking example of this can be found in the Japanese capital Tokyo. The largest online bingo session ever would be held there on September 3, 2010. How many people were involved? 493,824 people. Half a million people playing online bingo!
Biggest bingo card
On December 6, 2014, in the British capital London, they got the idea to make the largest bingo card ever: 4.98 meters long and 1.99 meters wide. What was the point of this record? Well, over £6000 (over £7000) was raised and that in turn was donated to the Royal Voluntary Service. Talk about the social nature of bingo!
Online bingo facts
Facts about bingo
|Year of origin||1530|
|Place of origin||Italy|
|Original name||Corruption of ‘Beano’: beans the game was originally played with|
|Numbers per bingo card||24 numbers (5×5 numbers: in the middle is an empty box)|
|Highest price ever||1.4 million euros (March 25, 2008, National Bingo Game Platinum Jackpot, Scotland)|
|Biggest online bingo session||493,824 players (September 3, 2010)|