No products were found matching your selection.
Baccarat is an ancient gambling game. Elite, wealthy industrialists and Royalties played this game over the years. Today the game is accessible to everyone both in the land casino and the online casino! You become a winning player by learning and mastering the rules and strategies. Read on and learn everything you need to know about this exciting game!
Baccarat is a very popular casino game that is offered in almost every casino. In a casino you can enjoy the whole entourage and real casino atmosphere, but nowadays you can also enjoy this entourage in the online casino.
Live Baccarat offers everything you can expect in a land casino, but everywhere and wherever you want. Sit back in your easy chair and play the classic baccarat game accompanied by a real croupier.
Playing baccarat on your mobile or tablet is also possible. All you need is internet. Playing wherever and whenever you want is something that more and more gambling enthusiasts value. The various providers of online casino have therefore responded to this.
Baccarat is one of the classic table games offered in the online and offline casinos. It is a game of chance that has changed form over the years, but has also largely remained the same. However, the nuanced differences make this game an extra fun and rich game to discover in the casino. The more you know about the game, the more you will get out of your gaming experience.
What is Baccarat?
To begin with, baccarat is a game of chance played with cards . Many classic games of chance are played with cards. Also think of roulette , blackjack and poker . When we talk about the game of baccarat we usually refer to 3 acceptable game variants, namely:
Baccarat Banque (of Two Tables).
The latter version of the game is sometimes referred to as the North American version and is offered in many Dutch casinos. We will tell you more about that later.
Same game: new variants
In any case, Baccarat is a game that has changed shape over the years. It is therefore advisable to carefully consider which form you prefer. The online casinos generally offer a wider range of options and game variants. That’s because it’s easier to offer more games online. It is also a good idea for players who ultimately prefer to play in a real casino to alternate with an online casino. This way you ensure that you are prepared for the game that you love to play and that your chances of winning increase.
Where does Baccarat come from?
The name Baccarat comes from the Italian word ‘baccara’ or ‘zero’. Baccarat was most likely introduced to France between 1483 and 1498. This was the reign of Charles V111. A question that is regularly asked is ‘is baccarat now from France or from Italy? That has to do with the origin of the alleged creator of the game vs. the one who made the game great. The creator was (in all probability) the Italian gambler Felix Falguerein.
Meant for the elite
In Italy, baccarat was initially played as a Tarot game. These cards were later replaced with a 52-card deck. At that time it was a game that was only played by a selective group and not by the middle class. The game gained popularity among Charles VIII’s French soldiers in the late 15th century. In France, the 3 different versions of the game that we just mentioned were also developed. It was these game variants that spread around the world and caused more people to play the game.
The crossing to the United States
By the late 1800s, the game had spread across America. Thanks in part to the English and French residents. However, in the US it did not acquire the status it had in Europe, and in particular, the status it had in France. Blackjack continued to dominate here and partly because of this Baccarat had little chance of gaining ground.
Back to the US via Cuba
In Cuba, baccarat was given the name Punto Banco. The writer Tommy Renzoni brought Baccarat to Las Vegas. This is where the game was revived. The Americans also picked up the game and more variations of the game were born such as Mini Baccarat. Baccarat is a game that is still evolving. Our expectation is that this will remain the case for a while.
Baccarat online versus baccarat offline
Playing baccarat online offers a number of advantages over playing baccarat offline. First, you can play online baccarat anywhere and anytime you want. You can play baccarat online on your computer, tablet or phone. That means you don’t have to travel to a casino first to have a casino experience. It is striking that online baccarat is becoming increasingly popular. The online casinos that offer the game pack a punch and offer a great online environment where everything has been thought of. You can also experience casino atmospheres online. Of course there are always people who would like to visit a real casino where they can smell the smell and hear and feel the people and sounds.
Live baccarat approaches the real casino experience
A casino experience that comes closest to a visit to a real casino is the option of a live casino. In a live casino, the online casino is connected to a land-based casino. Players thus play through a connection with a real gaming table and real dealers. With camera images you can see what is happening at the game tables at home. You also have the opportunity to talk and have a conversation with other players. You are guided in a live casino by real croupiers. More and more online casinos also offer the option of live casino . In the live casino, the social element of visiting a real casino is integrated into your gaming experience.
The most famous form of Baccarat is called Punto Banco. It is a simple table game, where you do not need to have strategic knowledge to make the right decision. You can bet on three different options:
- victory for the bank;
- victory for the player;
- a draw.
In some casinos players deal the cards themselves, in other casinos a croupier is used. When you play online, the role of the croupier is taken over by a computer program. In some online casinos you can now also play Live Baccarat.
The basic rules of Baccarat are a little more complicated than other popular table games. Any player, including the dealer (or croupier) can bet.
- You can place a bet on the player, on a tie or on the bank.
- You can also choose to skip a round, then the turn is passed to the next player.
Each hand consists of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 cards. The one dealing places 2 face up cards under the shoe and gives 2 other face up cards to the player who has bet the most on the player. The player looks at the cards and hands them back to whoever is dealing. The cards are then shown face up to each.
When one of the two hands manages to get a total of 8 or 9, this is called a ‘ natural’ . No more additional cards are dealt. If there is no ‘ natural’ , the dealer determines which card should be drawn on the basis of the total number of points. This is mainly due to the rules set by the casino. After the third hand is dealt, the player or bank with the highest number of points wins.
The value of the cards
The game of baccarat is played with a deck of 6 or 8 sets of cards. All cards with a picture and the 10 have the value 0. The cards 2 to 9 have the value on them, the Ace is worth 1 point. It doesn’t matter what kind the card is. If the sum of 2 cards exceeds 10, only the number on the right counts. 15 counts as a 5, 18 as an 8.
After betting, the dealer gives the banker and the player two cards. The object of the game in baccarat is to estimate which hand has the highest value and who wins: the banker or the player. When you bet on a tie, you bet that the banker and the player have an equal number of points. After the first two cards, a third card may be drawn. In the online casino, the cards are automatically drawn at the right time, you do not have to pay attention to this yourself.
Third card drawing rules for the player
- If the player or the bank has a total of 8 or 9 on the first two cards, no further cards are drawn. The hand with this result is called a ‘ natural’ and the hand does not continue playing in this game.
- If the player’s total is less than or equal to 5, he draws a third card.
- If the player does not draw a third card, the dealer’s hand remains. On 6 or more, the bank draws a third card for a total of 5 or less. If the player draws a third card, the bank’s ‘third card rule’ (see below) will decide whether the bank draws a third card or not.
Third card drawing rule for the bank
- If the banker’s total is 2 or less, the bank draws a card, regardless of what the player’s third card is.
- If the bank’s total is 3, the bank draws a third card, unless the player’s third card is an 8.
- If the banker’s total is 4, the bank draws a third card, unless the player’s card is a 0, 1, 8 or 9.
- If the bank total is 5, the bank draws a third card, but only if the player’s third card is a 4, 5, 6 or 7.
- If the banker’s total is 6, the bank draws a third card, but only if the player’s third card is 6 or 7.
- If the total for the bank is 7, the bank passes.
Payout and odds of winning at Baccarat
Baccarat works on the same principle as betting on Black or Red when playing Roulette. The payout is also about the same. Only in a tie you usually get paid 8:1 times your bet. The difference between betting on the banker or on the player is that when the banker wins, a player owes 5% commission to the casino.
- Bank 1.17%
- Player 1.36%
The banker wins in 45.8% of the cases, the player in 44.6% of the cases, which means that it is a tie in 9.6% of the cases. Because the bank charges a 5% commission on the bank’s winnings, this provides a margin of 1.1% for the casino. When you bet on a tie, the casino has a margin of 14%.
|Odds of Winning at Baccarat|
|Note: when betting on bank, a commission of 5% is charged for most variants|
Playing baccarat on your mobile phone is an option that more and more online casinos are offering. We live in times of the internet where we drive the digital highway and that means that speed and flexibility are becoming increasingly important to us.
- Mobile app: if you download a casino app, you can basically do everything you can do on your computer or tablet.
- Mobile optimized website: even playing on the mobile optimized website works flawlessly these days. The apps adapt completely to your screen. So you just play baccarat as you are used to in the online casino.
- Live casino on mobile: the live casino can now also be reached by telephone. You can play wherever you have internet.
Determining a strategy is important to determine your chances of a favorable outcome of the game. There are a few systems including the Paroli system, Punto Banco Pattern spotting and the Flat Bet strategy.
- Paroli system: in the Paroli system you increase the bet if you win. The moment you lose, you lower your bet. You could call this a fairly safe strategy. This way means that you don’t suffer huge losses, but if you win, you win big sums.
- Punto Banco Pattern Spotting: is another strategy that can favorably affect your chances of winning. This strategy involves spotting patterns. If you see a pattern, you immediately make the translation to your bet.
- Flat Bet Strategy: Finally, there is the Flat Bet strategy. With this strategy you stay in the game by adding money. Whether you lose or win, you keep betting. The advantage of this strategy is that if you lose, you run less risk. You will not bet more if you lose. That is the case with the other strategies.
Punto Banco is one of the most famous baccarat variants. Here you can bet on ‘punto,’ banco’ or ‘Égalité’. The dealer then deals 4 cards. 2 are shared on the ‘punto’ face and 2 on the ‘banco’ face. Furthermore, the game proceeds according to the usual rules, only with open cards. This is allowed, because the following decisions are fixed;
- The Punto takes a third card with 5 or less and stands on 6 or 7.
- If the Punto does not take a third card, the Banco acts as the Punto.
- Rules for the Banco when the Punto takes a third card.
- The Banco always takes a third card if it has 0, 1, or 2.
- On 3, the banco buys, unless he has given away an 8 as a third card to the punto.
- On 4, the Banco only buys a third card if it has given the punto a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 as a third card.
- On 5, the Banco only buys a third card if it has given the punto a 4, 5, 6 or 7 as a third card.
- On 6, the Banco only buys a third card if he has given the punto a 6 or a 7 as a third card.
- At 7 the Banco fits.
Payout at Punto Banco
- Will Punto win? Then it is paid 1:1.
- When banco wins, bets on banco win the amount of their bet minus 5%.
The moment a player bets 20 euros on banco, the payout is 19 euros. When both hands are equal, all bets stand and bets on Égalité are paid 8 to 1. Croupiers should pay close attention at Punto Banco. They must have a good grasp of the rules of the draw and the right to settle the bets with the tax. When you follow the optimal strategy as a player, the disadvantage of the players versus punto is: 1.36%. The disadvantage of the players is the advantage of the banker. For the banker/banco this is compensated by the tax to a disadvantage of 1.17%. Banco is therefore the best bet.
In addition to the popular Punto Banco game, you as a player also have another option to play baccarat that I would like to discuss with you, and that is the Chemin de Fer game. Chemin de Fer means railway in French. This is because after each game lost by the bank, the banker moves to the player to the left of the banker. Chemin de Fer is characterized by playing with various decks of cards. In most cases it is 6 sticks. The cards are drawn from what is called the ‘sabot’ or ‘shoe’ in this game. Cards that have already been used are discarded. The same shoe is always used until there are less than 7 cards left.
How does Chemin de Fer Baccarat work?
- After shuffling the cards, the bank will be sold to the player who bids the highest. The amount that is bid counts as the first bank that the other players can bid against.
- The first player to place a bet is the forehand. Then his left neighbor is next door and this continues until the total of all bets is equal to the total of the bank. The total may be less than the money in the bank, but no more.
- One of the players may say banco. When one of the players says this, it means that he is only playing against the bank for the whole amount. When more players want to play banco, the first hand takes precedence.
- After all bets have been placed, the bank will deal 4 cards; the first to the players, the second to himself, the third to the players and the last to himself. The player who enjoys the highest bet or the player who plays banco will now collect the cards for the players.
The aim of Chemin de Fer
The goal is to get as close to 9 points as possible. The Ace in play is worth 1 point, the Jack, Queen and King are all worth 10 points. The other cards have the value that they themselves represent. At Chemin de Fer only the units count and not the tens. So all numbers with 7 count as . This applies to 7, 17 or 27. Another example is the sum of Jacks of hearts, 3 of clubs and a 5 to 18 of diamonds. These cards therefore have the value 8. When the bank has dealt all players their cards, he will first view his own cards.
Turning over the cards
The moment the bank has an 8 or a 9, it will announce. That is, the bank turns over these cards. When this happens, the game is over and the player’s hand is compared to the bank. It can of course happen that players have 9 and the bank 8. In the event that both the bank and the player have an 8 or 9 then a third card is bid. If players have 8 or 9 then by definition they have won. This is because the bank is unable to draw a third card.
Fit or buy?
With points 6 and 7 in hand, the player will pass. With the points 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 the player will buy a card. With 5 points, the player can choose. In most standardized versions of Chemin de Fer, the player with 5 points is always dealt a new one. After buying this card, the bank will reveal its cards and decide whether to pass or take a card. This choice is based on the total of the points currently in the bank’s possession and the value of the players’ third card, if any.
The bank announces again
When the choice is made, the bank will announce. If the value is 0, he calls out “baccarat” and the players’ hands are compared again. Whoever comes closest to 9 points is the winning player. There may also be a tie. In this situation, the bets will stand.
Does the bank win or lose?
If the bank loses, the bank goes to its left neighbor. If he in turn refuses, the bank goes to his left neighbor. The moment when the points are counted, it appears that the bank has won, the original amount of the bank plus all winnings is guaranteed for the next coup. This form of baccarat is offered in the offline casino or the land casino. In that case, a tax of 5% is often charged on the profit of the bank holder. This happens because the banker is seen as a participant or player. So it is played against each other and not so much against the house.
Free Baccarat Play
Playing baccarat for free is another option that you have as a player in the online casino. It’s a good way to familiarize yourself with the game and learn the rules. However, learning the rules is one thing, mastering the rules is another. You usually need more time and a bit more patience for this. Just reading the rules once does not mean that you can use them correctly while playing. That’s why playing baccarat for free is such a great option.
Free baccarat means working on your strategy for free
For new players discovering the game, there are plenty of opportunities to try baccarat for free. You can also discover which online casino suits you best by discovering this game for free. You can create an account for free at the best online casinos. You will then always receive a nice welcome bonus and you can start playing immediately. Playing baccarat for free in the online casino is also a good way to discover which games suit you the most and which baccarat variant suits you best.
Play Baccarat for Money
Playing for money naturally gives the game an extra dimension. Once you know which game variant suits you best and where you prefer to play, it is time to play the game for money. It is important that you determine the strategy in advance. For this you can choose one of the discussed ways to increase the chance of winning. Playing responsibly is important. This way you can fully enjoy the game. We therefore always recommend that you determine in advance how much you want to bet.
Most online casinos allow both online and live baccarat to be played. If you approach it a bit smartly, you will not only choose a reliable online casino, but also a good welcome bonus. It must be said right away that the casino bonuses are not always valid for table games and even less for live casino games. It is therefore a good idea to first consult the bonus conditions before you register at a casino to use the bonus. It is not uncommon for a bonus to be partially or not valid at all on live games and online table games.
How do I win at baccarat?
With baccarat we are talking about a game of chance, but where there are differences in the chances of winning. For example, the bank has a statistically greater chance of winning (45.86%) compared to the player (44.62%) or a draw. In that respect, you have the best chance if you bet on the house. Keep in mind that in the short term there can always be deviations from the statistical winning chances. There is also a 5% commission if you bet on the bank.
Why do you have to pay commission at baccarat?
There is a 5% commission if you bet on the bank. This is not the case with other bets. This commission is charged because the house edge is low on this bet. Statistically speaking, it is more likely that the bank will win, making it automatically the easiest bet.
What is Punto Banco?
Punto Banco is a baccarat variant where the object is to bet on the player who comes closest to 9 points. Punto stands for the player and Banco for the bank.
Is it possible to play baccarat live?
Yes, but in the form of Punto Banco. This is the easy version of the game. It is also the easiest variant to play online, or in this case, live.
How much money can you win at baccarat?
That of course depends on your stake, but the payouts are as follows:
- 1 times your bet on player win.
- 0.95 times the bet on bank win.
- 8 times the stake on a tie.